Front Page Portallime -- Friday, June 03, 2005 -- 12:16:19 AM
Posts here show up on the front page. This is still in development, so you can still make mistakes. Don't panic--with one exception, Cal and Lime will be forgiving.
The Exception: DO NOT POST COMMENTARY OR RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD! If you forget--and everyone does sometimes--just delete your post. If we have to delete it, Cal will probably be cranky about it. Don't be obtuse.
Eventually, portal posts will be anchored to a thread for responses. For now, if you want to discuss or respond to a portal, just take your responses to the relevant post. Apologies for the occasional duplication of effort, but over time this will be much better than the news/breaking news/discussion craziness that existed before.
- Make sure the title is meaningful--ideally, the title of the article. The link text can either be a subheading, or something like NY Times Article, AP Story, or whatever.
- Include text--it can either be commented or italicized. Eventually, Lime will standardize this so don't worry.
- If you don't know how to stop an image from bleeding, don't use images. Ask in the HTML Help thread or check the help files for more assistance--but you do need to have enough text to cover the image.
- At this point in time, you can't edit the Title, so be careful. That will change.
- PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL OPINIONS. Try and keep it objective text for now.
- NO BLOG PIMPING. This will change; Lime and I are thinking about how to give bloggers a way to publicize their work, so hang tight for now.
(All users will see what tags exist for a thread. Please tag carefully!)
She says: "Of course we had hoped for a better result."
Also on Wednesday, parliament voted to approve a 13-point resolution giving Mr Abadi the mandate to deploy troops in Kirkuk, which has been under KRG control since Kurdish forces began to wrest control of the country back from Isis, although the prime minister stressed that force would not be utliised to avoid a "fight between Iraqi citizens."
A pastor friend of mine posed the question: If we were founding the United States today, would we have a Second Amendment? Are we satisfied with this state of affairs?
(Deleted message originally posted by lime on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 -- 02:23:56 PM.)
(Deleted message originally posted by lime on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 -- 02:24:03 PM.)
Ends day down 1175.
Joseph James DeAngelo at age 72.
... around the age of 25.
Think there's been too much partisan rancor lately?
Kennedy says, "Hold my beer."