Front Page Portallime -- Friday, June 03, 2005 -- 12:16:19 AM
Posts here show up on the front page. This is still in development, so you can still make mistakes. Don't panic--with one exception, Cal and Lime will be forgiving.
The Exception: DO NOT POST COMMENTARY OR RESPONSES IN THIS THREAD! If you forget--and everyone does sometimes--just delete your post. If we have to delete it, Cal will probably be cranky about it. Don't be obtuse.
Eventually, portal posts will be anchored to a thread for responses. For now, if you want to discuss or respond to a portal, just take your responses to the relevant post. Apologies for the occasional duplication of effort, but over time this will be much better than the news/breaking news/discussion craziness that existed before.
- Make sure the title is meaningful--ideally, the title of the article. The link text can either be a subheading, or something like NY Times Article, AP Story, or whatever.
- Include text--it can either be commented or italicized. Eventually, Lime will standardize this so don't worry.
- If you don't know how to stop an image from bleeding, don't use images. Ask in the HTML Help thread or check the help files for more assistance--but you do need to have enough text to cover the image.
- At this point in time, you can't edit the Title, so be careful. That will change.
- PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL OPINIONS. Try and keep it objective text for now.
- NO BLOG PIMPING. This will change; Lime and I are thinking about how to give bloggers a way to publicize their work, so hang tight for now.
(All users will see what tags exist for a thread. Please tag carefully!)
Casualties Extended For More Than A Mile.
As many as nine dead with police looking for multiple gunmen. Witnesses report one gunman said, "Allahu Akbar."
(Deleted message originally posted by lime on Thursday, September 29, 2016 -- 01:07:56 PM.)
related link: Trump tape sends campaign into toilet
Late Friday night, following sharp criticism by Republican leaders, Trump issued a short video statement saying, “I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.” But he also called the revelation “a distraction from the issues we are facing today.” He said that his “foolish” words are much different than the words and actions of Bill Clinton, whom he accused of abusing women, and Hillary Clinton, whom he accused of having “bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims.”
From the NY Times:
Bob Dylan has won the Nobel Prize in Literature for "poetic expressions within the great American song tradition."
The French Prime Minister said the Brexit vote and Donald Trump's election victory showed how important it was to listen to angry citizens, and that politicians scared of making decisions were opening the door to populists and demagogues.